Monday, August 6, 2007

The many faces of Bike and Build

So, turns out that many of the people I'm surrounded by on this trip are ridiculously funny, and often make great faces in random pictures... witness below...

This is just thanks to Apple's "PhotoBooth" app. It's amazing. We were all slightly delirious, and laughed for about 25 minutes about the different faces people made.















This is a 6-scoop, 6-topping ice-cream sundae on a bed of caramel and brownies called the "Supernova" at the Big Dipper in Missoula. Terra and I ordered it, and when the scooper asked how many spoons we needed, I replied "two." Her eyes about bugged out of her head, and our fellow line-standers (there were prolly more than 30) all ooh-ed and aah-ed like circus-goers. Apparently no-one here has heard of the Vermonster. We polished it off handily, like most food that ends up around B&B'ers. And that was 30 minutes after a huge taco dinner and 6 popsicles. Mmmmm, I'm gonna miss this sort of overindulgence.















This is our dollar bill from the "Steak/Coffee/Bunkhouse" that saved our lives on that fateful century day. In the bar, it was customary to sign a buck and tape it somewhere. Most of them were marginally offensive. Ours sez "Buck The Headwind-- P2S 2007" and has a house around George's head. It's near the jukebox, look for it if you're ever in the area.
















And this one? This is just funny. It was in Targhee National Forest, at the "Lower Mesa Falls" info station. I like this picture a little bit too much.




















Also, for all the fam, this is awesome. I've never heard of this chain, but apparently they're all over the Northwest. I was a lil bit excited, and hoped they'd give me a free ticket, or at least a discount. No such luck, but it was still funny to see my name in lights. However abbreviated.


3 comments:

Shelby Rhyne said...

Thanks for the picture of Logan's wounded knee...even in the au naturel...gives a worried mom a visual. See you in a week!

Hugs and congratulations to all.

Logan's mom, Shelby

emma s c said...

Hahaha. Kelly & Claire made a sign for one of my games that said "I wanna be like CarMike." I wanna go to Carmike Cinemas.

See you in...6 days!!

Solomon's words for the wise said...

Sam, As your adventure of a lifetime winds down, I want to thank you for taking us along for the ride through your posts and pictures. For my readers and myself, it was almost as if we were there with you. We followed you from the beginning and watched as you passed through our area on June 19 and 20. Coudersport and Roulette, PA....James Jones